Insomnia is a well-known sleeping disorder in dogs. There are two types of insomnia, primary and secondary. Dogs with primary insomnia suffer from sleep problems which are not associated with another health problem. Dogs with secondary insomnia also suffer from sleep problems, but their problem is directly related to an illness such as asthma, cancer, heartburn, pain medication, or arthritis.
Symptoms to Diagnose Your Dog
Your veterinarian may diagnose you with a type 1 or type 2 sleeping disorder if you report the following symptoms:
1. Your dog finds it difficult to fall asleep at night
2. He keeps waking up in the middle of the night and is unable to get to sleep again
3. He wakes up in the early hours of the morning
4. In the morning the dog looks lethargic.
5. During the day due he looks anxious or irritable.
Your veterinarian may advise that you take hemp oil for dogs. Your veterinarian will have the required knowledge to point you in the right direction.
How Will Hemp Oil Help Correct the Problem?
Your veterinarian will only advise you to give hemp oil to your dog after they analyze your dogs medical condition. You might be asked to keep a diary for a few days or weeks so your veterinarian can properly assess you and understand the severity of your dogs problem. Only then will your veterinarian to the correct dosage of hemp oil to give to your dog.
The first day you give the hemp oil to your dog, it will help them to relax and alleviate any of the ailments your vet has analyzed.
What Are the Other Ways to Help Your Dog?
You can do the following things to help correct your dogs sleep pattern:
1. Go to bed at the same time every night
2. Do not let the dog eat a lot of food before going to bed
3. Exercise your regularly – take walk 2-3 times per day.
When you are ready to reduce the intake of hemp oil, you should start practicing the above methods while you are still taking hemp oil. The length of your dogs treatment will depend on the severity of your disorder.