Insomnia is a well-known sleeping disorder in dogs. There are two types of insomnia, primary and secondary. Dogs with primary insomnia suffer from sleep problems which are not associated with another health problem. Dogs with secondary insomnia also suffer from sleep problems, but their problem is directly related to an illness such as asthma, cancer, heartburn, pain medication, or arthritis.
Symptoms to Diagnose Your Dog
Your veterinarian may diagnose you with a type 1 or type 2 sleeping disorder if you report the following symptoms:
1. Your dog finds it difficult to fall asleep at night
2. He keeps waking up in the middle of the night and is unable to get to sleep again
3. He wakes up in the early hours of the morning
4. In the morning the dog looks lethargic.
5. During the day due he looks anxious or irritable.
Your veterinarian may advise that you take hemp oil for dogs. Your veterinarian will have the required knowledge to point you in the right direction.